Home » Tenant Eviction Services

Tenant Eviction Services

property inventory


Tenant evictions can be a stressful and tiring process for professional landlords and accidental landlords.

Often the tenants will inaccurately depict you as a bad landlord. If you let us work with them on your behalf, this can be a good way to mitigate the stressful situation. We will lead the process and  you should not need to experience further stressful dialogues with your tenants over unpaid rents.

When the rent is not being paid, your investment is under threat. This threat combined with the stress and the uncertainty as to what may happen is very unpleasant. You need to evict your tenant but you may wonder How do I evict my tenant?

If you do not know how to do this, or having issues dealing with bad tenants and need help, Evicting Tenants Ltd is here to help.

  • Dealing with bad tenants can be hard work
  • Dealing with bad tenants can be very costly.
  • Doing it yourself could lead to mistakes
  • Doing it yourself could cost thousands of pounds over the longer term.

Why not contact EvictingTenants.org to take care of it for you.

The steps are easy, and clearly outlined below.

Letter Before Action – £35

The pre court action letter demonstrates to your tenants that this is a serious situation. In our experience this can be effective in itself as a means to:

  • Recover rent arrears
  • Limit damage to property
  • Address complaints from neighbours
  • Further agreement breaches

If the tenants do not act on the above, it will be necessary to commence legal proceedings to end the tenancy and evict the tenant.

Step 1 Service of Section 8 or Section 21 – £50 each

EvictingTenants.org will prepare and serve a Section 8 or 21 Notice, based upon the relevant information supplied by you the client.

Section 21 Notice

Using a section 21 notice which in practice results in a minimum notice period of 2 months. There is no minimum length for which an assured shorthold tenancy may be granted and a section 21 notice can be served at any time. However, when court proceedings are based on the section 21 notice the court cannot order the tenant to give up possession earlier than six months from the beginning of the tenancy. Where one assured shorthold tenancy follows another, the tenant is protected for only 6 months from the beginning of the first tenancy under which the premises were occupied. A section 21 notice may not be issued unless the tenancy deposit registration requirements were met within 30 days of the deposit payment.

The most common Possession Notice is the Section 21 Notice. There is no need to provide a justification of argue that there are breaches of the tenancy agreement to get possession of your property. Based on the information that you provide, EvictingTenants.org we will advise and use the earliest date for you.

Section 8 Notice 

Section 8 also known as the Section 8 Notice to Quit and the Section 8 Possession Notice, is a necessary pre-requisite where the landlord of an assured tenancy wishes to obtain possession order from the court, and thereby end the tenancy, for a reason based on a circumstance entitling the landlord to possession.

It is used in England and Wales and is part of The Housing Act 1988.

This Possession Notice is usually used where alleged breaches of the tenancy agreement are relied upon for regaining possession of the property.

The most common tenancy agreement breaches include:

  • Rent arrears
  • Late Payment of Rent
  • Nuisance
  • Property damage

Service of Notice £100

Serving an eviction notice in the correct format

When you’re serving an eviction notice, it’s important that the names of the parties and the address on the notice to terminate should match those in the tenancy agreement.

  • It is important, even if some tenants have moved out, they should still be named on the notice if they were named on the most recent tenancy agreement.
  • If the tenant is renting a room in a shared house, you need to specify the room (e.g. ‘room 1’) rented by the tenant, as well as the property address.

Hand Delivering Serving an eviction notice

Whenever it’s possible, you should serve an eviction notice to your tenant either by handing the notice to the tenant personally or by leaving the notice at the property, normally by inserting it through the letterbox of the property in an envelope addressed to the tenant(s).

  • If you are leaving it for the tenant at the property it  must be placed in a private box or under the door of the property.
  • If in doubt tape it to the door covering the keyhole and a photograph taken of it.
  • In most cases EvictingTenants.org services eviction noticed by hand

Serving an eviction notice by post

If you’re unable to serve an eviction notice personally, the notice provides for you to send it by post.

  • When using the post to serve the eviction notice get evidence of the service by getting a proof of postage.
  • If you do not trust the tenant to sign and return the copy notice to you to prove service, do not post the notice as you can not prove that it was delivered. Even sending by recorded delivery tenants may refuse to accept and sign delivery.

Serving notice on a difficult tenant

If terminating a tenancy of a difficult tenant, you should serve a notice by hand.

  • Either yourself or arrange for someone else to serve it for you.
  • If you think that the tenant may lie make sure there is an independent witness present.

Step 2 County Court from £550

In our experience, most tenants leave after the first step. However, if this is not the case, we can arrange for court papers to be completed as part of the possession process in count. For further information on this step please contact EvictingTenants.org on 020 8088 9015.

Step 3 Court Baliffs – from £200

Once you have the possession order in your favour made, there is still one more step in some cases. Even though there is a possession order, some tenants will still not leave your property by the date set by the Judge. EvictingTenants.org can instruct court bailiffs to remove them from your property. And that is it, your property is yours again!

Why not instruct EvictingTenants.org today to help get your property back: 

Call us: 0208 088 9015

Email us: info@evictingtenants.org


Type of enquiry (required)

Full Name (required)

Contact number

Email address

Additional information